JOB TITLE: English Ministry Pastor/Director
Build up our children/youth for a solid relationship with God so they can face the temptations and challenges of the world and stand firm for God. (Proverb 22:6) This position covers both Children ministry and Youth ministry.
Education and Experience:
- Must be a baptized born-again Christian who is called to children/youth ministry.
- Must accept GCCC's Statement of Faith, and willing to further its mission and vision according to GCCC's Value Statements.
- Have a Bachelor’s or higher degree from a seminary school.
- Have experience building or leading a Youth ministry.
- Have a sound base of biblical knowledge.
- Have a good understanding of the America culture and iGen children/youth behavior.
- Strong English language skills.
- The ability to work in a team setting with ministry cohorts and church leadership
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Children program preferable.
- Counseling skills preferable.
- The English Ministry Pastor/Director shall be part of the ministry team working with the Pastor and be accountable to the Deacon Board.
- The English Ministry Pastor/Director will also work very closely with the pastor and the Education department deacon in developing and reviewing of negotiated English ministry goals and objectives.
- Oversight of the children and youth ministry. These programs include worship, spiritual development, education, fellowship, discipleship, evangelism, missions, leadership training and affirmation of youth and support of parents of children/youth.
- Deliver English sermon at the English worship service (Frequency depends on the experience of the candidate)
- Actively maintain a high degree of engagement with the youth and provide spiritual guidance where appropriate.
- Develop positive relationships with parents of children/youth and partner with them to enhance the impact of the ministry.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and support coworkers and delegate responsibilities to them where appropriate.
- Lead the planning and execution of major English ministry events (e.g. VBS, mission trip)
- Ensure that all children and youth activities are adequately supervised by approved, responsible adults, according to GCCC guidelines.
- The English Ministry Pastor/Director is evaluated annually by the Deacon Board with input from the pastor.
WORK HOURS AND VACATIONS:
- Working days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday.
- Off days: Saturday & Monday
- Working hours per week: 40 hours
- Holidays: All major holidays except Christian religious holidays. Make up holidays for any vacation day that staff has to work.
- Vacations: 2 weeks. 3 weeks at the 5th
POSITION START DATE: Immediately